Protecting the environment is an integral part of Oak Floors Online’s ongoing business strategy, and this is what ensures the longevity of our future, and also the future of the whole Timber Industry.
Oak Floors Online is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment, and all members of staff are aware of the required high level of responsibility to not only our customers but also to the longevity of the whole timber industry itself.
We meet this commitment by sourcing our flooring products from forests and production factories that operate responsibly and who meet the requirements of the EU Timber Regulation themselves, which in turn covers legality and sustainability of their timber harvesting and manufacture.
Our Environmental Policy Strategy key points are:
- To perform due diligence and risk assessments on all potential suppliers prior to trading.
- To trade and deal with companies who have a similar high sustainability commitment to our own.
- To minimise waste by in-depth evaluation of operations to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- To minimise toxic emissions via strict selectivity of our vehicle fleet and our power supply requirement.
- To actively promote recycling both internally and externally to our customers and suppliers.
- To source, stock and supply a product range that minimises environmental impact.
- To meet or exceed all the required environmental legislation that relates to the timber industry.
- To regularly update and assess our due diligence procedures that cover all activities relating to the EU Timber Regulation, with an aim of exceeding its requirements and expectations.
Oak Floors Online will continue to encourage the use of environmentally ‘friendly’ procedures, both with regards sourcing certified timber products and also their production, which will in turn help to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment