15mm Thick Boards, 4mm Oak Wear Layer, 189mm Width, 1860mm In Length
Lacquered mixed grade engineered oak flooring is a very popular choice of flooring for homes from brand new buildings to older properties. Our lacquered engineered oak is highly versatile and will suit any room and décor. This floor blends well with the surroundings and adds a warm glow to the room. It is because of its versatility that the lacquered engineered oak flooring is always in high demand.
Our 15 x 189 lacquered mixed grade engineered oak flooring is 15mm thick, made up of 11mm Eucalyptus plywood on the underside that is bonded to a full 4mm French oak wear layer, which is itself a single strip that is 189mm wide.
The wood is sanded smooth and then has a primer coat applied. The primer coat is followed by six coats of lacquer, including an anti-scratch finish. These boards are relatively hard and smooth, with a shiny satin finish to them. The shiny satin finish of the boards is very easy to maintain and keep clean and makes the lacquered finish a great choice for people who suffer from allergies.
Lacquered engineered oak flooring is particularly popular for installation in rooms with a lower level of natural light as the shiny satin finish reflects light exceptionally well and creates a warm, welcoming feel to any room.
Natural features within the oak of the lacquered mixed grade boards such as knots are subtly accentuated in a way that makes them blend in with the rest of the wood, which is a mixed grade oak. A mixed grade allows the features of the wood itself to be included and still visible within the finished floor (knots, grain and colour variance), which provides a really natural and ‘oak-like’ appearance.
Lacquered engineered oak flooring is versatile and has a variety of looks depending on the level of light and décor in the room. This flooring is popular for older properties as well as new builds and is a floor that is of particular benefit in rooms with low natural light. Lacquered engineered oak flooring is the perfect base in any room, blending well with the other features of the room and giving a warm glow from reflecting the light off the shiny satin finish.
UV Lacquer over primed and sanded smooth finish
Approx 85% @ 1830mm long, 15% shorter
|Oak Wear Layer||
6-9% on arrival to site.
4mm Oak on 11mm Eucalyptus plywood
TG4: T&G sides & ends, all micro bevelled
|Carton Size and Weight||
1860 x 195 x 130 weighing 30kg each
|m2 Per Carton||
|m2 Per Pallet||
110.8 (40 cartons)
Float, Glue Down, Nail/Screw Down
|Suitable for UFH?||
|Free Sample Available?||
This product is suitable for installation over UFH, as long as its surrounding conditions are maintained and controlled as required.
The multiply back construction of our Engineered Oak flooring provides much greater stability than Solid Oak when subjected to varying levels of heat, humidity, and moisture. This also enable the boards to be manufactured a lot wider than solid without risk of cupping, which is associated with the wide solid oak boards available.
This stability allows the floor to be installed as a floating floor where conditions permit, directly onto concrete or timber subfloors, and is ideal for floating floor installation over an underlay that can provide your floor with extra protection from possible moisture attack from beneath.
Engineered Oak can also be fitted above underfloor heating when the correct installation guidelines are followed and the necessary levels of heat, humidity and moisture are maintained by the owner after installation.
Weather, Humidity, Temperature and the Ongoing Maintenance of Your Flooring Because oak is a natural, hygroscopic (water absorbent) material, and its dimensions are directly relative to its moisture content, we must control and maintain the relative humidity within our homes to enable the moisture content of our oak flooring to remain constant. This will ensure stability of each board within the finished floor, because failure to do this may force these boards to change dimensionally and structurally. This is not at all a fault of the flooring itself but all to do with the conditions that it’s being forced to endure.
Here’s an example of what can happen, when the outdoor temperature is 0°C The maximum amount of water that a cubic metre of air can hold at this temperature is 5 grams, so when you bring this cubic metre of air inside and heat it to 25°C, the relative humidity drops to only 23%. We actually recommend a minimum of 40% for optimum floor stability (incidentally, this is also the level that health experts recommend for our bodies too, so good for our floor and good for us).
But it gets worse as the temperature outside falls lower, and this is why the air inside any heated building in the winter can become too dry, which can obviously have an effect on our flooring (and our bodies).
When relative humidity is allowed to drop too low, our flooring is forced to lose moisture itself and will try to curl upwards towards the dry air (similar to a piece of bacon under a grill) in an effort to find moisture.Any time the temperature outside is well below freezing, relative humidity inside will be below 20% unless you do something to increase it, and not increasing it can have a devastating effect on your oak floor.
Our 15 mm Engineered Oak is constructed as a multilayer board, consisting of a Solid Oak face or wear layer of 4mm, with an 11mm plywood backing that forms the T&G, and provides a good strong underside suitable for installation by nailing, gluing or floating. The underside is also ‘sealed’ with a final stabilising veneer.
Our Engineered Boards do not have a softwood core and because of this are strong enough to be fitted using any of the 3 common methods; Glue Down, Nail Down, or Float.
- 15mm Overall Thickness
- 189mm Wide
- Single Strip Oak Face
- Mixed Grade, so will contain natural grain and colour variance, sapwood, and various size knots (some filled and sanded). Grade details are explained below
- 11mm (7-Ply) Eucalyptus Plywood Backed
- Full 4mm Oak Wear Layer (European Oak)
- 75% Lengths 1830mm
- 25% Lengths of 610mm, 915mm or 1220mm
- Moisture Content 6 – 9%
- Micro Bevelled Sides & Ends (Unfinished is also available as Square Edge)
- TG4 End Matched
- 2.77m2 Per Carton
- 110.8m2 Per Pallet
- Suitable for installation above UFH
- ‘Thermostabile’ Adhesive Provides Maximum Strength Between Plies
- Sealed Underside for Improved Moisture Protection (reduces risk of ‘cupping’ after installation)
- Extra Stabilising Veneer to Underside (extra stability after installation)
- Very Accurate Machining Tolerances for Fast & Simple Fitting (saves on fitting costs)
- Angled T&G Joint for Excess Adhesive (reduces risk of excess adhesive reaching the surface)
- All our flooring products are machined to very accurate machining tolerances for fast and simple fitting.
- Length Tolerance: +/- 1.0mm
- Width tolerance: +/- 0.2mm
- Thickness Tolerance: +/- 0.5mm
Grades Explained Grade A
- Very few knots if any and no sapwood allowed
- Clear and consistent grain pattern
- Very few natural features
- Slight colour difference allowed
- Small, live knots allowed up to 15mm
- More natural grain pattern and filled dead knots up to 15mm allowed
- More natural features allowed
- More natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 10% of face area
- Bigger knots allowed, some repaired with filler before being sanded
- More natural grain pattern allowed
- More natural features allowed
- More natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 15% of face area
- Large knots allowed, some repaired with filler before being sanded
- All natural grain pattern allowed
- Most natural features allowed
- Significant natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 30% of face area
Celtic Character Rustic
- Contains all of the above grades and also some lower grades
- Lower grades allow open natural defects that are repaired with dark filler before being sanded
- All natural features allowed
- All colour differences allowed
- All sapwood variances allowed
You Will Also Need...
Method Wood Floor Cleaner, 739ml
£5.00ex VAT - (£4.80 inc VAT) View Product
Thermo-Hygrometer (for monitoring humidity & temperature)£9.50 ex VAT - (£11.40 inc VAT) View Product
Sonic Gold Excel Underlay Novostrat : 15×1 metre Roll Size (15 Sq Mtr Coverage)£39.95 ex VAT - (£47.94 inc VAT) View Product
Solid Oak Skirting Board & Architrave – Per Linear MeterFrom: £7.50 ex VAT - (£9.00 inc VAT ) View Product
Comfort Silver Underlay Novostrat : 15×1 metre Roll Size (15 Sq Mtr Coverage)£16.95 ex VAT - (£20.34 inc VAT) View Product