Brushed and natural oiled AB grade engineered oak flooring is a stunning oak floor for any home or venue and is one of the most popular within our range of engineered oak flooring. This product has been hand selected from our normal Mix Grade Brushed & Natural Oiled product, giving you the best grade possible.
This engineered oak flooring is 15mm thick and 189mm wide, made up from 11mm of Eucalyptus plywood underside that is fully bonded to a full 4mm of French oak wear layer. This construction will provide fantastic stability within your finished floor.
Brushed and natural oiled engineered oak flooring is single strip oak, which showcases the extra width available when ordering from our engineered oak flooring range.
The brushed and natural oiled mixed grade finish is achieved by ‘brushing’ the face of the planks during manufacture, which removes the slightly softer fibres of the oak. After the oak has been brushed, it is oiled with a natural waxoil, creating a durable finish to the oak flooring. After the waxoil is applied to the oak face, the brushing that occurred during manufacture enhances the beautiful grain features of the oak, resulting in a slightly textured and natural looking surface.
This finish is very easy to maintain and should only ever require a light sanding and another coat of waxoil to bring it back to pristine condition if/when required (depending on wear and tear). Brushed and natural oiled mixed grade engineered oak flooring should never require a total re-finish, which increases its lifespan and reduces your maintenance costs.
Any open natural features such as knots are filled within our brushed and natural oiled mixed grade engineered oak flooring, creating a fuller and more blended look that still provides an accent of the natural features in the overall appearance of the flooring.
Having such a textured finish, marks and scratches don’t show up as much as on a smooth finish and because the waxoil colour is natural, if you ever want to darken the colour you can apply another coat of waxoil in whatever colour you choose to achieve the exact finish you want. Brushed and natural oiled engineered oak flooring gives you the freedom and flexibility to create your own floor look, which fits in perfectly with the rest of your room and your own personal taste.
Brushed and natural oiled engineered oak flooring is one of the most versatile oak floors we stock and looks great in any room, easily co-ordinating with and complementing your existing décor. If you are looking for a floor that is hard wearing and easy to maintain with a great natural look; one that you can change simply by adding another coat of waxoil to adjust the colour should you want to do so, then brushed and natural oiled engineered oak flooring is for you.
Brushed & Oiled, finished with natural colour Waxoil
Approx 85% @ 1830mm long, 15% shorter
|Oak Wear Layer||
6-9% on arrival to site.
4mm Oak on 11mm Eucalyptus plywood
TG4: T&G sides & ends, all micro bevelled
|Carton Size and Weight||
1860 x 195 x 130 weighing 30kg each
|m2 Per Carton||
|m2 Per Pallet||
110.8 (40 cartons)
Float, Glue Down, Nail/Screw Down
|Suitable for UFH?||
|Free Sample Available?||
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sometimes the plywood backed engineered boards will seem as if they are ‘bowed’ from end to end when they are first removed from the packaging. This is very common with a plywood backed product because of the difference in molecular structure of the solid oak face and the plywood backing.
Our 15 mm Engineered Oak is constructed as a multilayer board, consisting of a Solid Oak face or wear layer of 4mm, with an 11mm plywood backing that forms the T&G, and provides a good strong underside suitable for installation by nailing, gluing or floating. The underside is also ‘sealed’ with a final stabilising veneer.
Our Engineered Boards do not have a softwood core and because of this are strong enough to be fitted using any of the 3 common methods; Glue Down, Nail Down, or Float.
- 15mm Overall Thickness
- 189mm Wide
- Single Strip Oak Face
- AB Select Grade, so will contain natural grain and colour variance, sapwood, and very small knots (some filled and sanded) Grade details are explained below
- 11mm (7-Ply) Eucalyptus Plywood Backed
- Full 4mm Oak Wear Layer (European Oak)
- 75% Lengths 1830mm
- 25% Lengths of 610mm, 915mm or 1220mm
- Moisture Content 6 – 9%
- Micro Bevelled Sides & Ends (Unfinished is also available as Square Edge)
- TG4 End Matched
- 2.77m2 Per Carton
- 110.8m2 Per Pallet
- Extra Important Detail;
- Suitable for installation above UFH
- ‘Thermostabile’ Adhesive Provides Maximum Strength Between Plies
- Sealed Underside for Improved Moisture Protection (reduces risk of ‘cupping’ after installation)
- Extra Stabilising Veneer to Underside (extra stability after installation)
- Very Accurate Machining Tolerances for Fast & Simple Fitting (saves on fitting costs)
- Angled T&G Joint for Excess Adhesive (reduces risk of excess adhesive reaching the surface)
- All our flooring products are machined to very accurate machining tolerances for fast and simple fitting.
- Length Tolerance: +/- 1.0mm
- Width tolerance: +/- 0.2mm
- Thickness Tolerance: +/- 0.5mm
Grades Explained Grade A
- Very few knots if any and no sapwood allowed
- Clear and consistent grain pattern
- Very few natural features
- Slight colour difference allowed
- Small, live knots allowed up to 15mm
- More natural grain pattern and filled dead knots up to 15mm allowed
- More natural features allowed
- More natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 10% of face area
- Bigger knots allowed, some repaired with filler before being sanded
- More natural grain pattern allowed
- More natural features allowed
- More natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 15% of face area
- Large knots allowed, some repaired with filler before being sanded
- All natural grain pattern allowed
- Most natural features allowed
- Significant natural colour difference allowed
- Sapwood allowed up to 30% of face area
Celtic Character Rustic
- Contains all of the above grades and also some lower grades
- Lower grades allow open natural defects that are repaired with dark filler before being sanded
- All natural features allowed
- All colour differences allowed
- All sapwood variances allowed
Important: We order our flooring in full containers that hold 12 pallets each, so the grade mix that you receive and see within your finished floor will obviously depend on the amount ordered, because being a natural product means that different batches of flooring will obviously contain varying amounts of each grade. Because we order a minimum of 4 containers per order, sometimes the grade mix can vary within the containers and yet still meet our stringent quality control.
You Will Also Need...
Method Wood Floor Cleaner, 739ml£4.80 inc VAT) ex VAT - (View Product
Thermo-Hygrometer (for monitoring humidity & temperature)£9.50 ex VAT - (£11.40 inc VAT) View Product
Sonic Gold Excel Underlay Novostrat : 15×1 metre Roll Size (15 Sq Mtr Coverage)£39.95 ex VAT - (£47.94 inc VAT) View Product
Solid Oak Skirting Board & Architrave – Per Linear MeterFrom: £7.50 ex VAT - (£9.00 inc VAT ) View Product
Comfort Silver Underlay Novostrat : 15×1 metre Roll Size (15 Sq Mtr Coverage)£16.95 ex VAT - (£20.34 inc VAT) View Product